“Saint John is the ideal location for ICT businesses that value urban centres for expansion” – Steve Carson
The most important elements that make a city work as an enabler for ICT business growth are the ones that result in one great outcome: bringing the right people together.
While other communities spread their ICT sectors in suburban areas and industrial parks where there are significant barriers to social interaction, Saint John has our ICT companies clustered in our urban neighbourhood where people naturally congregate.
Take a look at our maps and see for yourself how potent our city is for collaboration.
Not only is this urban neighbourhood the ideal collaborative environment for the east coast, but we also boast significant resources within reasonable distances of where we live and work.
Within 1.5 hours drive, Saint John has access to
- 5 university campuses offering curriculum in both of Canada’s official languages in programs that feed the ICT sector such as engineering, business, and computer science.
- Significant world-renowned university research in ICT-related disciplines.
- Bilingual (french & english), educated work force.
- 3 research-based hospitals.
- 4 community colleges offering IT and business programs as well as private collages and schools.
- 3 international airports providing direct flights to the major eastern seaboard cities and the rest of the world.
- One of the largest military bases in the world where significant investments are made in ICT-based training and education.
How Special Is ICT In This City?
Why Geeks Should Care About a New Twist on Orwell’s Story
17 May 2013
The only thing George Orwell got right in his 1949 look at the future is technology. And the ICT industry should be celebrating everything he got wrong.
This week Saint John’s nerd corps enjoys the pleasure of a fantastic live performance by the Saint John [...]
ICT a Thriving Local Industry
18 Apr 2013
Today on Information Morning – Saint John (CBC Radio), Jeff Roach spoke to the opportunities present within the region’s ICT sector. Always working. Always hiring. Always looking for the best talent.
Jeff Roach, the founder of Sociallogical, is obsessed with culture change and connecting the people. Sociallogical mentors business owners and [...]
Saint John: Where ICT Talent Works
21 Feb 2013
You may not realize it, but Saint John, NB is actually a treasure trove of ICT talent. There are over 30 ICT firms in Saint John, many of them located in a few block radius of each other in our uptown core. In addition to the ICT firms, many other companies have world-leading ICT departments [...]
- Why Geeks Should Care About a New Twist on Orwell’s Story